Indonesia Ultimate Golf Series 2018 is set to launch on April 5, 2018, at Klub Golf Bogor Raya
Indonesia offers a wide variety of destinations, from urban Jakarta to the island getaways of Bali, Lombok and even Bintan. Indonesia boasts high standard, quality golf courses with more one than hundred golf courses which are ready to fulfill all golfers’ ultimate golf desires.
Many of golf courses designed by an international professional designer such as Ronald Fream from Golf plan Thomson, Wolveridge & Perret who designed Merapi Golf Yogyakarta, Nelson & Haworth who designed Bali National Golf Club and many more. Furthermore, some of the courses are ranked among the 50 greatest golf courses in the world or any other golf courses award chart.
The Indonesia Ultimate Golf Series 20016-2017 played over seven months across 2016 to2017,was implementing to their new international amateur golf tournament through all four (4) qualifying events and one (1) final event using the Stableford on handicap scoring system; the event was a great success with over 100 participants in each qualifying event and over 70 players on the Final event. The qualifying golfing events was highly competitive using stable ford scoring system with the best point being won by Bpk Noldy Hcp 10 with a total point 43 on Series 1, Bpk. Kt. Agung Hcp 12 with a total point 41 on Series 2, Bpk. Sulaiman, Handicap 16 with a total point of 44 on Series 3, and on the Series 4 won by Bpk. Atis T Handicap 16 with a total point 43.
Indonesia Ultimate Golf Series 2016-2017 are highlighted by the prestigious grand prizes where the 70+ finalists were competed in the running to win a trip for two, to the British Open and won by Final Round Winner, players from Palembang, Bpk. Sulaiman, Hcp 12, Best point 43; and at the second place, players from Jakarta, Bpk. Raymond, Hcp 11, Best point 42.
Considering the success of the 2016-2017 event, 2018 played into two qualifying events to the series, thus as opposed to catering for demand. Each event will remain open to all industries. The Qualifying events will be played regions, played at 11 Golf Courses in Indonesia is divided into 5 regions, from April to September 2018 and Final Round in November at Bali National Golf Club. The Grand final winner will grab 2 NEW ZEALAND TRIP – play golf at one of the best golf course in the world! Another unique experience – rediscover nature to its fullest!
IUGS 2018 EVENT CONCEPT
- The tournament will be played with Individual Stroke Play on Handicap format.
- The tournament is open to all amateurs who have a handicap of a maximum of 24 for men and 27 for ladies.
- The Field will be strictly limited to a total of 120 participants.
- Players must compete in at least one of the qualifying series in any region to qualify for the grand final.
- Each player may compete in all events. His/her best finishes will count toward the grand final.
- The Grand final winner will be the player who, within their category, accumulates the most score for the duration of the Challenge Series.
- The Championship will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf approved by the R&A Rules Limited.